Snorkeling and diving
Only 44 km away from the Villa Bayu segara guests can find the famous diving and snorkling site around Mejangan island. You can book their diving tours for example via Arrows dive center in Lovina (www.arrowsdivecentre.moonfruit.com). You can also get diving lessons in the pool and then pass your PADI-Test. Other close by diving sites are Puri Jati and Secret Bay.
Around 2,5 hours drive from the villa, there is another famous diving spot at Tulamben with the shipwreck of the US Liberty which is lying in the sea since World War II.
Villa Bayu Segara is located right in the middle of the dolphins observation area which is unique in the north of Bali. Many fishermen are happy to take tourists to discover these great marine animals which can even be observed sometimes from the beach near the villa.
Spa at Zen Resort
The Zen Resort is located 5-10 Min away by car from the villa. This hotel with spa is mostly famous for its massages and body treatments. Unless you prefer the intimacy of your own villa or the bale benong in the garden where you can have a very relaxing massage from our villa appointed professional masseuse too.
one hour by car, the famous Bali Handara Kosaido Country Club (www.balihandarakosaido.com ) is a famous international golf location in the highlands of Bedugul. Designed in a volcano hole, it has been rated to be one of the 50 greatest holes in the world. Another famous possibility to play golf is in the Le Meridien Nirwana golf resort (www.nirwanabaligolf.com).
Balinese cooking classes
Cooking classes are available in Lovina. Several addresses can be found under the following link : www.lovina.net/courses.php
Suggestions for half-day tours
- Hiking, biking or driving a scooter in the superb country or sea side, the rice paddies, the mountains or simply in the villages to meet with the locals.
- Hot Springs and Brahma Vihara Arama Buddhist monastery
- Singsing waterfall
- Celukanbawang port
- Munduk Waterfall and Gesing Giant Tree
- Lovina, tourist centre of the North of Bali
- Singaraja, the ancient capital of Bali
- Reef Seen Turtle Project in Pemuteran (www.reefseen.com)
Suggestions for full-day tours
- Lake Bratan with the Pura Ulun Danau Bratan and the Gitgit waterfalls
- The famous Seatemple Pura Tanah Lot
- Pura Besakih as Balis most important temple and Gunung Agung as the holiest mountain in Bali
- The Rice terraces at Jatiluwih
- West Bali National Parc and Bali Starling Pre-Release Centre
- Bull races at Negara village
- The Art centre of Bali in Ubud
- Kintamani at lake Batur fantastic views on the mount Batur
- Gunung Kawi at Tampaksiring as ancient monument
- The famous Elephant Cave Goa Gajah
And much more…